Monday 21 March 2011

University Project: Client Brief Hallmark







We have been asked by Hallmark Cards to help design a new range of Christmas Cards for the year 2012/13 For this project I was inspired by 1950s B movie posters as a theme to base my card designs on and also to convey my message of Christmas.  I used original 1950s movie posters such as "The creature that walks among us" and " The Blob" to help base the layout and composition for the illustrations.
Final Card Designs

" Attack of the 50ft Cracker" based on "Attack of the 50ft Women". On this illustration I messed up the colours for the cracker and background. I need to redraw and apply the right colours next time. 

Attack of the Brussels Sprout- This one was loosely based on "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes"  This illustration was the one that Hallmark thought had the best potential but needs to be updated with a new background colour and the text repositioning.

It came from Father Christmas- This is based of " It came from Outer Space".  Father Christmas leaves his giant present to the world. This one I enjoyed doing, but the only problem is the text. In the original poster the text was bigger and was spread across the lower half of the poster. That was the mistake I made for this one. Lesson learned.

















The Blob - Based of the Blob. This illustrates the  father / grandfather eating far too much and becoming the indescribable BLOB!!!! Same problem as before, tooo blue!! 




















The Snowman walks among us!- Based on the " The Creature Walks Among us!" This illustration was a joy to do and think up. Same problem as before with the background and I should have shown that it was snowing in the background. Give a more christmasy feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment